- Compassionate end-of-life care, guidance, support
- Individualized care plans
- Pain management and symptom control
- 24-hour on-call support
- Spiritual support for patients and loved ones
- Care provided wherever the patient prefers
Hospice care options for those with limited life expectancy.
Abramson Hospice, funded in part by the Bette and Arnold Hoffman Family Foundation, is dedicated to maintaining quality of life for patients facing terminal illness and their families. Our experienced staff understands how difficult this time can be, and is there to provide support, guidance and compassionate care every step of the way.
Although we serve patients of all faiths, our Philadelphia-area hospice program is influenced by our Jewish roots. We focus on addressing the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the patient and his or her family.
What is involves with receiving hospice care?
Our focus is to keep your loved one as comfortable and pain-free as possible. This helps set the Abramson Center apart from other Philadelphia hospice programs.
We achieve this by being as flexible as possible:
- We come to your loved one’s home, retirement community, hospital room – wherever is most convenient.
- Your loved one can remain under the care of his or her primary physicians while receiving hospice.
- We accept most insurances as well as Medicare and Medicaid.
We will care for your loved one, provide companionship, administer medicines, and much more.
Hospice services include:
- Skilled nursing care for pain management and symptom control
- Specialized pharmacy services and medications
- 24-hour on-call support by a hospice-registered nurse
- Spiritual support by chaplains
- Counseling and emotional support for patients and their loved ones
- Physical, occupation and speech therapy
- Trained hospice volunteers for companionship, friendly visiting and other patient needs
- Bereavement services including counseling and support groups
Our team includes:
- Social workers
- Certified nursing assistants
- Trained volunteers
Important hospice FAQs
Knowing what’s best at this time is stressful. We’ve provided answers to common questions below. You are also welcome to call Abramson Hospice at 215-371-1393.
How does one qualify for hospice care services?
Patients are eligible for hospice care options if their physician determines they have a life expectancy of six months or less if their illness follows its usual course, and that they may benefit from hospice care. Hospice care can continue beyond six months, or as long as the physician certifies that the patients’ condition remains terminal.
Where is hospice care provided?
We provide care where patients live. That could be in their own homes, senior communities, nursing centers, or during hospital stays. For more information, please call 215-371-1393.
Is hospice care covered by insurance?
Hospice caring services are covered by Medicare, if eligible, and most other health insurers. Our program is Medicare-certified and licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
How do I get a referral for hospice care?
Anyone can refer an individual to our Jewish hospice program. You may ask your physician, nurse, or a clergy member to make a formal referral request, or you or a family member may call our hospice program directly at 215-371-1393. Individuals seeking hospice care will be evaluated by us free of charge.
What happens after I receive a referral to Abramson Hospice?
Upon referral, our hospice staff will meet with the patient and his or her family to discuss the Abramson Hospice philosophy, available services, and your expectations. Pain and comfort levels, support systems, financial and insurance resources, medications, and equipment needs will also be reviewed. With appropriate permission, we will then speak with the personal physician and our hospice medical director about the patients’ needs. An individualized hospice plan of care will be developed and regularly reviewed and revised as needed.
How do I contact Abramson Hospice?
If you are interested in learning more about hospice caring options and available services for you or a loved one, or if you would like to make a referral to our program, please call 215-371-1393 or Contact Us.
Our state-of-the-art facility is located at:
Abramson Hospice 1425 Horsham Road
North Wales, PA 19454