- Nurse practitioners on site seven days a week
- Dedicated medical director on site
- Ability to manage complex medical conditions
- Therapy provided seven days a week
- All private rooms
- Dine in the room, in dining room, or Bistro
Transitional care at our adult and geriatric rehabilitation center bridges the gap between the hospital setting and home, helping you get safely back on your feet.
The Abramson Center’s short term rehabilitation center, Birnhak Transitional Care, provides short-term rehabilitation, medical, and nursing care to help you get stronger after a hospitalization. Our comprehensive rehabilitation services ensure that we provide superior care to even the most medically complex patients.
ated 30 minutes from Center City in Horsham, PA, we serve patients throughout the Main Line, Lower Bucks County, and northern suburbs of Montgomery County. Learn more about what makes this one of the best medical rehab centers in the Philadelphia area.
Overview of short-term rehabilitation services
Patients come to Birnhak Transitional Care when they need to regain their strength. Common reasons include:
After surgery and/or a hospital stay
- After a knee, hip, or other replacements
- After neck and spinal injuries
- After strokes and other conditions that can impact speech and brain functions
Abramson Center’s rehabilitation program serves everyone from geriatrics to young adults regardless of race, religion, gender or ethnicity. All patients at Birnhak Transitional Care receive individualized, attentive treatment. Frequent assessments and reviews of each patient’s clinical care and treatment plan occur throughout the stay.
97% of patients say they would recommend Abramson Rehab.
Our team includes:
- Medical director overseeing all rehabilitative care, board certified in Internal Medicine
- Physiatrist board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Registered nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nursing assistants
- Dedicated clinical manager
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Social workers
- Full-time program administrator
- Quality improvement officer
- Therapy available seven days a week
- Post-orthopedic surgery care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Pain management
- Wound care
- Advanced intravenous therapy
- Nutrition management
- Head or spinal cord injury care
- Respiratory care
- Frequent assessments and treatment reviews
- Recreational and therapeutic activities
- Patient and family education
- Case management
- Discharge planning
Our care team works alongside patients, their families, and referring physicians to ensure patients have the information and tools needed to make a positive and safe transition home.
Benefits and amenities
Thanks to state-of-the-art rehabilitation practices based on 150 years of experience and decades of Abramson Center research, we have one of the lowest re-hospitalization rates of all medical rehab centers in the region.
Our adult and geriatric rehabilitation center won’t just make you stronger in less time. We’ll also keep you comfortable while you’re here. Our private rooms with views of our outdoor gardens all feature access to:
- Kitchens, living rooms, and dining areas
- Spa-like bathing suite
- Laundry service
- Beauty/barber services in a dedicated salon
- Wireless Internet access
- Telephone Emergency call system
- On-site dialysis care, if needed
To learn more about our short-term rehabilitation care and services complete the form on the right, speak to your hospital based social worker or care provider or call us at 888-340-0080.
Our full campus complete with two rehabilitation gyms, a senior residence facility, dialysis, and adult day care services is in North Wales. Our short-term rehab is located at:
Birnhak Transitional Care
1425 Horsham Road
North Wales, PA 19454