Tuesday May 16, 2017
The Abramson Center celebrated its quality improvement achievements with a trip around the globe at the 11th annual ABE Awards. The Indiana Jones themed ceremony took the audience on a search for the secrets of providing high-quality care while also recognizing the diversity of the Abramson Center staff. Employees representing 10 different countries of origin helped “discover” the secrets and hand out awards in 10 different categories.
Guest presenters included Beth Greenberg, director of regulatory affairs at LeadingAge PA; Carolyn Hann, project manager at Quality Insights; Dr. Marie Boltz, associate professor at Penn State University’s College of Nursing; Eric Naftulin, executive vice president of Federation Housing; Anne Marie Williams, administrative manager at Kairos Health Systems; and Melissa Greenberg, chief development officer at Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia; and members of the Abramson Center’s board of trustees and management staff. Winners were determined by patient, resident and family satisfaction surveys and from nominations by coworkers.
ABE Award Winners
- Resident Choice: Household C1
- Family Choice: Household B2
- Highest Recommendation Award: Birnhak Transitional Care Program
- Patient Activation Award: Abramson Home Care
- President’s Award for Customer Service: Daouda Conde
- Person Centered Care Award: Household B3
- Best Survey Results: Lankenau Transitional Care and Abramson Medical Adult Day Program
- Innovator Award – Most Respectful Staff: Mildred Shor Inn
- Most Beautiful Skin: Household C2 and D2
- Award for Best Quality Measures: Abramson Hospice