Tuesday May 9, 2017
Our volunteers are an invaluable part of the Abramson Center community. To recognize their contributions, the Center held a nautical themed appreciation ceremony on May 3rd. “Volunteers – The Anchors of the Abramson Center,” honored 15 volunteers across 10 award categories, including Life Time Achievement Award winner Sandy Weiss. A volunteer at the Center for 35 years, Sandy has held a number of roles including as Auxiliary President and co-chair of the Auxiliary Membership Luncheon. Currently, she serves on the Center’s Board of Trustees.
Whether running games or visiting with our Hospice patients, we are so grateful for each and every one of our volunteers. Thank you for bringing a special light to the Abramson Center.
List of Honorees:
- Gertrude Solomon Award: Eileen Daley
- Nina Goldfarb Award: Sandy Rothkoff
- Rookie of the Year: Merle Gordon
- Volunteer Excellence: Helene Hall, Michele Berson and Kathie Sachs
- New Initiative: Nancy Goldsmith, Themed Resident Luncheons
- The Cicely Saunders Award – Outstanding Hospice Volunteer: Phyllis Harrison and Charles Klayman
- People’s Choice Award: Joe Hill and Les Duman
- Adult Day Program: Rita Schlom
- Special Recognition Award: Dr. David Gerstman and Linda Klug
- Life Time Achievement Award: Sandy Weiss
If you would like to volunteer at the Abramson Center, please click here for more information.