Wednesday June 1, 2016
The Abramson Center celebrated super achievements in ongoing quality improvement initiatives at the 10th annual ABE Award ceremony on Wednesday, May 18th. The Center is at the forefront of quality improvement leadership across all business lines. Each year a group of professionals dedicated to quality improvement under the direction of Scott Crespy, V.P. Quality and Innovation select a unique theme to reinforce the importance of quality improvement at Abramson Center. At the superhero themed event, 10 awards were presented to resident households and business lines based on validated quality outcomes and resident and family satisfaction results.
Guest speakers and presenters included Rabbi Deborah Glanzberg-Krainin, chief program and strategy officers at Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia; Beth Greenberg, director of regulatory affairs at LeadingAge PA; Jennifer Wimer, president and CEO at Kairos Health Systems; Liza Behrens, Ph.D. candidate and research at Penn State College of Nursing; Sara Maus, director of the Muller Institute for Senior Health at Abington Health Services; and Molly Fox, staff member in Representative Todd Stephen’s office.
The Abramson Center has a dedicated quality improvement team that issues a rigorous process to enhance care delivery both at the Abramson Center and throughout the long-term care industry to ensure that the services received by clients exceed quality standards. Recent initiatives include a statewide collaborative aimed at reducing depression in long-term care settings and introducing new technologies to help clients at home communicate more effectively with care teams. The focus on quality is more important than ever with increased oversight of quality initiatives by many government agencies and providers. At the Abramson Center, our focus on quality care and service delivery and measurement of outcomes continues to take center stage. For more information on the Center's Quality Senior Care, click here.
This year’s winners include:
- Resident Choice Award: Household A2
- Family Choice Award: Household B2
- Functional Improvement Award for Ambulation Improvement: Abramson Home Health Care
- Patient Activation Award for Self-Efficacy Pilot Program: Abramson Medical Adult Day Services
- President’s Award for Customer Service: Shirley Harris
- Person Centered Care Award: Household A3
- Best Quality Measures: Abramson Hospice
- Innovator Award: Most Welcoming Staff: Mildred Shor Inn
- Most Beautiful Skin Award: Household C2
- Technology Award: Birnhak Transitional Care