Tuesday May 12, 2015
The Abramson Center celebrated another year of quality improvement successes at the 9th annual ABE Awards held on Wednesday, May 6th. Staff, residents, board members and invited guests boogied at the disco themed event as awards were presented in 11 categories based on results from the annual resident and family satisfaction surveys and nominations from coworkers.
Guest speakers and presenters included Dr. Thomas Santilli, cardiologist with Holy Redeemer Hospital and the Hospital of the university of Pennsylvania; Nicholas Himebaugh, district manager at State Representative Brendan F. Boyle’s Office; Dr. Rhonda Nelson, associate professor and program director of the therapeutic recreation program at Temple University; Dr. Kelly Romirowsky, research manager at the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia; Dr. Ann Kolanowski, nursing professor and director of the Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence at Penn State; Sara Maus, director of the Muller Institute for Senior Health at Abington Health Services; and Sheva Cohen, human services manager at the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.
This year’s winners are:
- Resident Choice Award – Household B2
- Family Choice Award – Household A2
- Most Responsive to Resident Needs – Household A3
- Patient Activation Award – Household C1
- President’s Award for Customer Service – Robyn Watson
- Person-Centered Care Award – Mildred Shor Inn
- Fallsopoloy Champion – Household B3
- Michiah Award for Pain Management – Birnhak Transitional Care
- Lean On Me Award – Abramson Hospice
- Most Beautiful Skin – Households C2 and D2