Tuesday September 18, 2018
Moving a senior loved one from their home to a long term care facility can be very upsetting for both the senior and their family members. Many seniors have spent decades in their house and it can be very difficult to leave a comfortable well-loved home. If you find that your loved one needs extra help and attention, a home health agency make provide a good alternative to long term care.
Senior Home Care Benefits
There are many senior home care benefits, including:
- Stability. Change is hard at any age, but can be especially difficult for seniors. Many have spent the majority of their life in the same home. And for those suffering with memory-impairment, moving to a long term facility can cause confusion, behavioral issues and decline. A home health agency can provide the senior with the services they need to stay safe and healthy in their own homes.
- Independence. Many seniors fear that they will lose their independence if they moved to a long-term nursing facility. A home health agency can help the senior maintain as much as their independence as possible by providing assistance with chores, errands, and driving the senior to appointments and social activities.
- Personalized care. Employing a home care service means that seniors will not be competing for an aide or nurse’s attention while receiving care. For this reason, home care can be a highly personalized experience.
- Companionship. Loneliness has been shown again and again to significantly lead to faster mental and physical decline in seniors. A companion provided by a home care company will be highly trained to keep the senior involved in favorite hobbies and interest and will also provide friendship and support.
- Faster recovery. Studies show that seniors recover quicker from a hospitalization if they return to their own home afterwards. Employing a home care service can ensure that they receive the extra care and attention they need after an surgery or illness.
- Peace of mind for caregivers. It can be stressful for friends and family to know that their elderly loved one may not be entirely safe on their own. Having a service regularly involved in a loved one’s care can ease the worry and provide respite for tired family caregivers.
For more information on how a home health agency can help you, please call Abramson Care Advisors at 215-371-3400.