Quality Senior Care Designed to Improve Life
We believe in doing everything possible to increase the quality of life for aging seniors. With senior life services rooted in Jewish traditions and values, we work to ensure that everything we do is of the highest caliber for our clients and their families.
Quality care for seniors at the Abramson Center for Jewish Life means:
- Counselors are experienced practitioners: Every counselor at the Abramson Center has experience working with seniors to improve senior quality of life.
- Staff members are dedicated and well-trained: They have made it their calling to take care of others and are always eager to help.
- Seniors continue to celebrate life and enjoy exceptional care in a homelike setting: The ultimate goal of the Abramson Center is to help seniors in enjoying life to the fullest.
- Living environments are warm, inviting, and clean: We know the effect environment can have on a senior’s quality of life, and everyone at the Abramson Center works hard to ensure that our facilities feel like a welcoming home.
- Patients receive individual treatment and quality senior care based on their needs: Every patient at the Abramson Center is an individual, and each is treated as such.
The Abramson Center appreciates just how important quality senior care is to your family’s quality of life. Because of this, we take great care in every detail of our service to ensure that seniors at the Abramson Center for Jewish Life are treated with kindness, respect, and first-rate medical care.
Tips for Improving Quality of Life for Seniors
A high quality of life in seniors can result in better mental and physical health, and some studies show that it can even lower your chances of contracting certain diseases. Below is a list of some of the best ways to improve senior quality of life:
- Senior Socialization: Retired people don’t always find as many opportunities to interact with others as they would when they were working. That’s why seniors should continue to socialize as much as possible – with friends, family, or by joining local groups and clubs.
- Being Physically Active: Seniors should continue to be physically active. Not only can exercise have a tremendously positive effect on your mental health, it can also help in maintaining balance and avoiding slip and fall accidents.
- Being Mentally Active: Remaining mentally active can help in preventing diseases such as dementia. There are a number of different ways you can do this. For instance, taking up a hobby or playing brain games like Sudoku or crossword puzzles.
- Using Technology: Using technology can actually help seniors in achieving some of the other goals listed here – for instance, remaining physically and mentally active, and being social. Seniors can interact with friends, relatives, and like-minded strangers via social media, play video games to keep them mentally sharp (as well as improve hand-eye coordination), and use virtual assistants to help them in keeping a fitness schedule.
- Treating Depression: Many seniors deal with depression. While this can occur for a variety of different reasons, depression can greatly affect quality of life in the elderly. Knowing how to recognize the signs of depression and what can be done to treat it is key.
Create a Safe Home Environment: Falls are one of the most common reasons why senior quality of life declines. Installing handrails in the shower, keeping cords and clutter off the floor, and making sure ice and snow are cleared from walkways during inclement weather can help prevent a fall from happening.
- Creating and Achieving Goals: Part of the problem with retirement is it can leave seniors feeling like they have no purpose. This is why retirement should be used to achieve goals. They can be big goals like visiting every major league ballpark or small goals like reading a new book every month. Whatever it may be, it’s important to find fulfillment and purpose in retirement.
Have a Question about Quality of Life for Seniors?
Need additional information on quality of life issues or finding high-quality senior care? Or just want to chat with someone? Abramson Care Advisors is a free phone service available 24/7. Click here to contact a Care Advisor.