The Abramson Center Compliance Policy
A Code of Conduct has been adopted by the Abramson Center for Jewish Life in order to establish standards by which Center leadership, management, and all employees will conduct themselves in order to ensure organization-wide integrity.
The Abramson Center believes these fundamental requirements and commitments are critical to promoting the value of establishing standards of business ethics and compliance.
Elements of the Abramson Center Regulation Compliance Program:
- Commitment to providing care to residents/consumers in a compassionate, respectful, and ethical manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, physical appearance, political preference, disability, or other legal grounds.
- Physical or emotional abuse or neglect of any resident/consumer is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
- All decisions about the care of residents/consumers will be made in accordance with the clinical needs of the residents/consumers and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Residents/consumers are to be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Commitment to developing policies and procedures that are centered on the residents/consumers, and focus on an interdisciplinary approach to care.
- Commitment to reporting any required reportable event or crime to the appropriate parties in a timely fashion.
- Commitment to conducting the business of the Abramson Center in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, especially the Nursing Home Reform Act and all other relevant regulations.
- Belief that integration of care delivery into the Corporate Compliance Program is essential to ensuring that quality care is delivered to its residents/consumers.
- Requirement that employees comply with all applicable laws, regulations, ethical standards, and Abramson Center policies and procedures. If employees are uncertain about the application of laws, regulations, or policies and procedures, they should seek advice and guidance from their supervisor and/or the Corporate Compliance Officer.
Culture of Compliance
Compliance is all about knowledge and responsibility to act. This is how we create and foster our culture of compliance.
You may report activity that you believe is not in keeping with the Abramson Centers culture of compliance in the following ways:
Val Palmieri, Compliance Officer 215-371-3601
Confidential Compliance Line 800-708-8598